Sunday, 31 January 2016

From `Down & Under to `Up & Rising`...........


Manyowa, a Shona name meaning manure, was an unregistered name given to my mother by my grandparents. The belief was that she would amount to nothing but decomposing scraps of food, cow dung and worms. She was meant to be Clumsy, Dowdy and Unsuccessful. However, she turned out to be a remarkable, beautiful, well awarded, recognized and influential woman who beat the odds of that spoken word which might not have been spelt in black and white but certainly was hovering over the universe of her boundary lines. With a hard penetrating modelling industry, no experience and initial focus on getting an education and job, this has become a snare; my very own undefined manyowa as I constantly ask myself what am I still waiting for? Why am I so afraid? Why have they rejected my? When is my turn coming? Why is it so hard? What does it take to be at the top? Sounding familiar???..... It`s time to defy all odds.

Manyowa is Sassy, Stylish and Sophisticated! It has become my launching pad and inspiration. This blog is here to showcase what I can do as a model and as a woman. What better way of introducing my portfolio than to write about it and also take you through the thoughts, advice and ideas that come into this beautiful mind. Manyowa is born for the love of representing my country and Africa by sharing all the things I can do and know about for personal satisfaction and edification.

With zero experience, I do admit I am not the hot shot or total Pro. But what I do have is passion, fire, zeal, ideas, my pen and notebook. Life is bigger than what we are. When the opportunities don't come knocking at your door, go out there and create them yourself.

Let`s go….


No comments:

Post a Comment